Since 2007, The Education Foundation has granted funds and scholarships totaling more than $300,000 to assist students. We have funded:
- College scholarships for qualified students
- Bus transportation to take students on college visits
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programs
- Sizzling Summer STEM tuition for children in grades K to 8
- Activity fees and co-curricular expenses
- Fees for AP tests, ACT preparation classes, transcripts and college applications
- Debate camps; a national a capella competition; student foreign exchange trips; the National Scholastic Press Association journalism conference; the World Festival; a summer project at Rice University and more
With your donation, we can expand our impact even more!
The Foundation’s purpose is to enrich education for students in Niles Township by providing needs-based additional resources outside the scope of the regular district budget. Priority is given to academic-related resources.
Applications must be submitted by the deadlines listed below. Applications will then be considered by The Education Foundation’s Board of Directors at its next meeting. (The Board generally meets on the second Wednesday of each month).
Application Deadline To be considered at
October 15 November meeting
January 15 February meeting
March 15 April meeting
April 15 May meeting
- If you are a student applying for a scholarship or other needs-based grant, your request must be approved by your counselor or one of your teachers and the school principal. All scholarship applications must be accompanied by at least 1 sealed letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, employer or coach.
- All applications must be accompanied by evidence, and/or verification by the principal, in support of financial need for the grant being applied for (for example, student is on free or reduced lunch, has already applied for assistance, is working part-time for support, etc.).
- Once the application has been reviewed by the teacher/counselor and the principal, student requests should be submitted anonymously to The Education Foundation.
- If you are a staff person applying for equipment or a grant for a project or for a student, it must be approved by the school principal. Please note: School related field trips are not eligible for funding.
Completed applications should be submitted to Samina Hussain at the District Office. You may contact her by phone at 847-626-3959 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once received, applications will be reviewed by the Board of Directors. Applicants will be notified about the status of their request within 50 days of each request. If additional information is needed, the staff or student will be contacted, and the required information should be submitted as soon as possible. A delay in submission of the information could result in a delay in final review of the grant request.
The Foundation requests a report summarizing the results of the use of the grant, within 30 days of completion of the project, course work or equipment purchase. Recipients may attend a board meeting of The Education Foundation upon completion, and present a personal report on how you benefited from the grant.
Contact Samina Hussain at 847-626-3959 or email@example.com if you wish to attend.