Since 2007, The Education Foundation has granted funds and scholarships totaling more than $300,000 to assist students. Some of the ways we have recently supported students include, but are not limited to::
- Keith Baker Memorial Scholarship for qualified students
- Bus transportation for college visits for historically underserved students
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programs and Sizzling Summer STEM tuition for children in grades K to 8
- Supported various school and community initiatives during the COVD-19 Pandemic
- Partner with Oakton Community College and the Village of Skokie to help fund the Workforce Training Grant
- Partnered with D69 Community Schools to help provide Healthy Snacks and replenish the D69 Care Closet
- Partnered with Niles Township Government to provide backpack for students and wrap-around supports on case by case basis
- Provided assistance for debate camps, university summer classes, Journalism Seminars, etc. for students who needed financial support
With your donation, we can expand our impact even more!
The Foundation’s purpose is to enrich the education of all students within Niles Township (D219 and its senders) by providing needs-based additional resources, outside the scope of regular school budgets. The Education Foundation believes several factors can influence a student’s ability to learn and will deliberate on all applications.
Applications must be received at least three working days prior to the Education Foundation Board of Directors’ Meeting, the second Wednesday of each month. There is no guarantee that the Grant Application will be on the agenda for that month’s meeting date if received later than the deadline. Emergency Grants will be expedited on a case by case basis. Please contact Samina Hussain at 847-626-3957 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
- If you are a student applying for a scholarship or other needs-based grant, your request must be approved by your counselor or one of your teachers and the school principal.
- All applications are verified by the teacher or counselor and principal in support of financial need for the grant being applied for (e.g., is student on free or reduced lunch, has already applied for assistance elsewhere, working part-time for support, sudden circumstances has brought on financial hardships, etc.)
- Once the application has been reviewed by the teacher/counselor and the principal and needs status verified, student requests will be submitted to the EF directors with all personal information redacted.
- If you are a staff member, your application must be approved by your department head and the school principal. For school-related trips, please note:
- Schools and parents typically cover costs of school-related trips that provide enrichment opportunities. The EF can only assist those students who may not be able to afford these trips.
- The amount covered by schools must be included on the form.
- All Clubs are expected to fundraise for trips to offset costs; this amount must also be included
- Plan to attend the meeting when your application is being considered to answer questions by EF Directors.
- All students’ personal information is redacted before application is submitted to the EF Directors.
Completed applications should be submitted to Samina Hussain at the District Office (847-626-3957, email@example.com).
Once an application is received, it will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and applicants will be notified about the status of their request within 30 days of each request. If additional information is needed, the staff or student will be contacted, and the required information should be submitted as soon as possible. A delay in submission of the information could result in a delay in final review of the grant request.
The Education Foundation may ask for a written report upon completion of the event/project or anytime thereafter. The inability to provide a report may jeopardize future applications submitted. The Foundation may publish all or part of this report on their website or newsletter (all personal information is removed to maintain the recipient’s confidentiality. Photos are published with permission). Recipients may be asked to attend a Foundation meeting upon completion, and present a personal report on how they benefited from the grant.
Contact Samina Hussain at 847-626-3957 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.